Get ready to Power-UP at SUPER NINTENDO WORLD™ when it opens at Universal Studios Hollywood on Friday, February 17th! Let’s take a closer look at the land’s exciting Power-Up Band™, a fun interactive component designed to help you level up your experience during visits within the land.
Power-UP at Super Nintendo World
With the grand opening date quickly approaching, here’s an overview of the Power-Up Band and its functionality:
- These wearable wristbands sync with Universal Studios Hollywood’s official free downloadable app and function as a complement to the land’s many interactive elements. The Power-Up Band is available for purchase in six design options with character themes, including Mario, Luigi, Princess Peach, Yoshi, Toad and Princess Daisy; choosing a particular character also defines which Team guests will be a part of.
- With the use of a Power-Up Band, guests can elevate the overall experience by competing against other teams to achieve the highest score throughout the day by collecting the most digital coins. To see who’s in the lead, guests can check their personal and team scores by linking the Power-Up Band to the app or by referring to the Checkpoint Screens located within the land.
- When riding “Mario Kart™: Bowser’s Challenge,” guests are encouraged to tap their Power-Up Band on the ride vehicle’s steering wheel. By doing so, they can track digital coins collected as well as gauge their ranking against friends and family, when synced to the official Universal Studios Hollywood app. The Power-Up Band will enable guests to enjoy “Mario Kart: Bowser’s Challenge” over and over again in an attempt to beat their best scores.
- The Power-Up Band also unlocks additional gameplay activities and experiences, such as collecting digital coins and stamps when completing milestones within the land. Checkpoints positioned within SUPER NINTENDO WORLD will enable guests to track their status against others. Guests can also amass keys after winning Key Challenges from Goomba Crazy Crank, Koopa Troopa POWer Punch, Piranha Plant Nap Mishap and Thwomp Panel Panic – collecting at least three of them will ultimately allow access to the final boss battle with Bowser Jr.
- While meet and greet interactions with Mario, Luigi and Princess Peach are accessible to guests visiting the land, the Power-Up Band may provide an enhanced experience with the characters.
The Power-Up Band isn’t a required purchase to enable guests to enjoy SUPER NINTENDO WORLD.
Available for purchase beginning February 17 within SUPER NINTENDO WORLD and at SUPER NINTENDO WORLD retail shops located in the theme park and on CityWalk. You are welcome to download the official Universal Studios Hollywood app prior to visiting so the fun can start from the moment you warp into the land via the giant green pipe.