Disclosure: This Tom and Jerry The Movie “Inspired Food” post may contain affiliated links, meaning I may receive a small commission for purchases made through the links on this site, at no cost to you.
Tom and Jerry: The Movie is now available to purchase on DVD & BluRay and we’re celebrating with this fun charcuterie board inspired by our favorite cat & mouse duo. Have you seen the movie? You can learn more about it and grab some free activities to print, here!
To celebrate its release, the kids and I attended a virtual cooking class hosted by Chef Rishiska from CozyMeal. It was fun and messy…that I had to share the “how-to” with you.
Tom and Jerry The Movie “Inspired Food”
Cat & Mouse Cooking Caper Menu:
– Mouse Trap Charcuterie Board
– Cat Lovers Caramel Popcorn
- 24-inch board
- Small saucepan
- Large pot with a lid
- Baking pan
- Wooden spoon
- Cutting board
- Parchment paper
- Silicone spatula
- Plastic wrap
- Small baguette
- 7 oz Calabrese salami & Prosciutto
- 8.5 oz Brie cheese
- 1 bunch each of fresh parsley, thyme & mint
- 1 red apple
- 1 red bell pepper
- 3 limes
- 2 sticks salted butter
- 8 oz heavy cream
- 2.5 oz honey
- 1 cup popcorn kernels
- 1 ½ cups sugar
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoon corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Dijon mustard
- Garlic powder
- Black pepper
- Smoked paprika
| Cat Lover’s Caramel Corn |
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 stick salted butter
- 3 tablespoons corn syrup
- 1 cup popcorn kernels
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
1. Preheat oven to 250F.
2. Pop the corn in microwave. This should take around 3 minutes. I used our Whirley Pop Stovetop Popcorn maker – it’s the best!
3. Take a small pot out and add butter, sugar, heavy cream and corn syrup. Keep the gas flame on high. Once everything starts to melt and the color of the sugar is light caramel, turn the heat down to medium.
Chef’s Note: While making this recipe or dealing with sugar always use a wooden spatula or heat proof silicone spatula.
4. Cook this mix for about 5 minutes on medium flame and the color is now deep golden but not brown. (Don’t overcook like we did, ours got too dark.)
5. Now prepare a baking pan or sheet and line it with parchment or aluminum foil.
6. Place the popcorn in on the baking pan. Then pour the golden caramel mix on top of popcorn.
8. Mix the popcorn and caramel sauce quickly.
Chef’s Note: You won’t be able to cover 100% but try to cover at least 75%. That’s good!
9. Pop the tray in the oven for 15 minutes. Check the mixture and mix the popcorn to coat the rest of the remaining kernels. Place back in the oven for an additional 5-10 minutes – keep a close eye on it to ensure it doesn’t burn.
10. Once out of the oven after the second time let this cool down.
11. Then break it with hand to separate the individual kernels and enjoy!
| Herb Butter, Herb Mayonnaise & Baguette|
- 1 stick salted butter (softened at room temperature)
- 1 ½ tablespoon lime juice, divided
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme, chopped & divided
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- Garlic powder, to taste
- Dijon mustard, to taste
- Salt & pepper, to taste
1. Put your butter in the bowl. If the butter is not softened, put it in microwave for 20 seconds.
2. Add the lime juice, garlic powder, smoked paprika and thyme to the butter. Mix all the ingredients together until it is nicely incorporated.
3. Once everything is mixed, take a plastic wrap and place the butter horizontally.
4. Then start rolling it into a roulade (shape into a log).
5. Make sure there are no air bubbles and you have rolled it very tightly. Twist the end of the plastic wrap.
6. Put the butter in freezer for 35 minutes.
7. In another bowl, combine mayonnaise, ½ teaspoon lime juice, 1 teaspoon chopped thyme, honey, and smoked paprika, garlic powder, & dijon mustard to taste. Mix to combine all the ingredients.
8. Place the herbed mayonnaise in the fridge for 30 minutes.
9. Cut baguette into thin slices and put in a big bowl.
10. Toss the baguette with some chopped thyme, olive oil, salt & black pepper.
11. Line the baking sheet with the baguette and place in the oven at 350° for 7-10 minutes. The bread should be crispy and golden brown.
12. Take the butter out and cut them in thin rounds.
13. Place on a warm baguette and enjoy!
To assemble the board:
1. Cut apple into thin slices. Place in a bowl and drizzle a little bit of honey & lemon.
Chef’s note: This trick helps keep the apples from turning brown.
2. Core the top of the bell pepper to remove the stem. Cut one side of the bell pepper so it becomes flat. Cut the pepper into thin strips.
3. Arrange baguette on the board. Add slices of the herbed butter on the baguette.
4. Take out one slice of prosciutto at a time and fold loosely to resemble a rose. Then place the prosciutto on the baguette.
5. Place the stipes of apples and bell pepper around the board.
6. Cut the brie cheese in half (if it is round) and place on the board.
7. Put the herb mayonnaise in a small serving bowl and place on the board.
8. Break the caramel corn into small pieces and place around the other items on the board.
9. Dig in and enjoy!
The Charcuterie Board should resemble a cat & mouse…we did our best, can you see the ears?
Leave a Reply