With movie theaters still closed in Los Angeles, the way we watch feature films has changed over the year. And we love watching movies, just see our family movie nights. But as much as we love to watch them at home, there is still something about going to the movie theater and watching films on the big screen.
| Drive-In Movies |
Drive-In movie theaters are popping up here and we are super excited about this movie experience. I didn’t grow up with drive-in movies, so this was all new to me. I pictured the experience to be like the scene in Grease. LOL. We’ve been fortunate to check-out several drive-in movies and I want to share tips and items for a great night!
| WE Drive-Ins |
The other night we watched Disney’s Raya and the Last Dragon at the new WE Drive-Ins, located at the former Sears location in Santa Monica, just off the 10FWY. Spoiler: this is our new favorite place to watch movies! What’s great about this drive-in movie theater is that you pick your parking spot when you purchase your online ticket…as oppose to a first come, first serve and being directed to an available spot (not an ideal way, especially with kids).
Restrooms are available – masks are required when leaving your vehicle. Food is also available for purchase. But you are able to bring your own food and drinks. YAY.
Another WE Drive-Ins bonus with your $30 ticket:
Each vehicle will be presented one VIP WE Experience Pack that includes premium popcorn, beverage, vouchers from local and national partners to maximize your VIP WE Experience.
For more information, visit wedriveins.com.
| Drive-In Movie Theater Tips for Families |
- Be sure to read the drive-in’s rules and FAQs.
- Dress comfortably – kids will love wearing their pjs to a movie!
- Bring blankets and pillows – especially if you plan on watching from your trunk.
- Arrive early. Allow yourself ample time to get settled in.
- Bring your own AM/FM Digital radio (and extra batteries) so you don’t drain your car’s battery.
- If foldout chairs are allowed (to sit in-front of your car), bring it as an option.
- Bring plenty of snacks and drinks. My kids love their hot chocolate in hand.
- Bring insect repellent.
- Don’t forget a trash bag.
- Bring a few card games to play while you wait for the movie to start.
Leave a Reply