This post is sponsored by Foster Farms Air Chilled Chicken but the content and opinions expressed here are my own.
Raise your hands if you’re spending a lot more time in the kitchen. OH I SEE the hands waving and the dirty dishes piling up. I’ve never spent so much time in my kitchen, but don’t get me wrong, I love to cook…its the cleaning-up afterwards I dread. During this time, I’ve been having fun experimenting with different flavors and most importantly, getting my kids more involved in the kitchen.
Chicken is a staple in my household. Its versatile and there’s so many creative ways to make a healthy, delicious meal. Do you have a favorite chicken dish?
I’ve got an easy recipe to share with you, that’s been kid-approved, requires less time cooking, creates less dishes to clean…AND get this, a recipe that you can make with your kid(s)! My boys did most of the work.
Pretzel Crusted Chicken Skewers with Foster Farms Air Chilled Breast Tenders is my family’s new favorite way to do chicken. It’s so delicious and quick to make. We spent less time in the kitchen and more time enjoying our food. And because the chicken tenders are on skewers, less dishes to clean!
Foster Farms Air Chilled Chicken
Next time you’re shopping, look for this package of Foster Farms Air-Chilled Chicken. You won’t regret it. Air-Chilling is a method for cooling chicken during processing, with benefits that include better taste and texture, and most importantly…faster cooking time!
What does this mean?
Since excess water is not absorbed during air-chilling (in comparison to water-chilled chicken,) the natural juices in air-chilled chicken are not diluted and the texture is unaltered, which leads to more flavorful and tender pieces of meat. Because air-chilled chicken doesn’t absorb excess water, it tends to cook faster than when chicken is water-chilled.
| Pretzel Crusted Chicken Skewers |
- 1 Package of Organic Chicken Breast Tenders
- 1 cup flour
- 2 eggs
- Bamboo Skewers (soaked in water for about 30 minutes or longer)
- Dipping Sauce (see note)
1. Preheat oven to 400°F and line baking sheet with a silicone baking mat or coat with a nonstick spray.
2. Crush pretzels to make about 1 to 1.5 cups.
3. Place flour in a shallow dish. Beat eggs in a bowl. Place crushed pretzels in another shallow dish.
4. Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper to your liking. Carefully thread the chicken onto skewers.
5. Coat each chicken skewer in flour. Dip in the egg, removing the excess. Then generously coat with pretzel and place on lined baking sheet.
6. Bake for about 20 mins. (turning half-way through), until golden and thickest piece is cooked to an internal temperature of 165°F.
NOTE: For this recipe, I used a honey mustard dipping sauce. My boys never tried it before and they loved it! But you can pair this with any sauce you like.
Hope this inspires you to get in the kitchen with the kids and cook something delicious together! For other chicken recipes and to download coupons head over to Foster Farms, here!
Stay healthy and safe.
Pin for later…
Leave a Reply