Happy March! We’re kicking-off the new month with a “The Cat In the Hat” craft to celebrate Dr. Seuss’ birthday and Read Across America week. Since reading is very important in this household, I wanted to make my kids a bookmark using perler beads.
Perler beads have become my favorite way to craft! Have you tried it?
| Cat In The Hat Craft: Perler Bead Bookmark |
- Perler Beads (20 Red and 17 White)
- Perler Beads Peg Board
- Perler Beads Iron Sheet
- Popsicle Stick
- Glue Gun
- Turn on Iron.
- Start placing beads on your peg board – 5 Red beads wide and repeating with 5 Red beads below. Then alternating to 5 White and so on. Just like the photo above. And ending with 7 White wide.
- Place the iron sheet onto the beads and carefully iron in a circular motion till the beads fuse together. Usually about 10 seconds for me.
- Peel the sheet off. Careful its hot.
- Optional: Fuse the backside. Don’t forget to cover the craft with the iron sheet.
- Lay bookmark to cool.
- Glue the bookmark to the popsicle stick.
Since its the Reading Across America Week, I hope this fun bookmark encourages your littles to read more!