Happy March! We’re kicking-off the new month with a “The Cat In the Hat” craft to celebrate Dr. Seuss’ birthday and Read Across America week. Since reading is very important in this household, I wanted to make my kids a bookmark using perler beads.
Perler beads have become my favorite way to craft! Have you tried it?
| Cat In The Hat Craft: Perler Bead Bookmark |
- Perler Beads (20 Red and 17 White)
- Perler Beads Peg Board
- Perler Beads Iron Sheet
- Popsicle Stick
- Glue Gun
- Turn on Iron.
- Start placing beads on your peg board – 5 Red beads wide and repeating with 5 Red beads below. Then alternating to 5 White and so on. Just like the photo above. And ending with 7 White wide.
- Place the iron sheet onto the beads and carefully iron in a circular motion till the beads fuse together. Usually about 10 seconds for me.
- Peel the sheet off. Careful its hot.
- Optional: Fuse the backside. Don’t forget to cover the craft with the iron sheet.
- Lay bookmark to cool.
- Glue the bookmark to the popsicle stick.
Since its the Reading Across America Week, I hope this fun bookmark encourages your littles to read more!
About Read Across America
Launched in 1998 by the National Education Association (NEA), Read Across America is the nation’s largest celebration of reading. This year-round program focuses on motivating children and teens to read through events, partnerships, and reading resources.
Leave a Reply