Ant-Man and The Wasp is out on Digital and Blu-ray and it’s currently playing on repeat here! Do you have Ant-Man fans in your home? Well, we’re new fans to this Marvel franchise and frankly, I don’t know why it took me this long to finally get on board.
Ant-Man and The Wasp movie is action-packed and seriously funny. Scroll down to see what’s included in the Bonus features and check-out our Ant-Man and The Wasp inspired craft!
Ant-Man and The Wasp Press Day
I recently attended a little Magic Show/Q&A to celebrate the Blu-ray release of Ant-Man and The Wasp with Abby Ryder Fortson (Cassie Lang) and the film’s magic consultant, Blake Vogt.
Without sharing any spoilers here, Ant-Man and The Wasp contains a few magic tricks that Scott Lang (Paul Rudd) had to learn to entertain his daughter, Cassie (Abby Ryder Fortson). Actor Paul Rudd had to learn those magic tricks himself and did a very believable job!
Blake Vogt performed those magic tricks featured in the film and guess what? You can learn them too – in the Bonus features!
BONUS MATERIAL (may vary by retailer):
Blu-ray & Digital:
- Director’s Intro by Peyton Reed– The talented creator behind some of Marvel Studios’ funniest and most charming films will invite home audiences deeper into the world of “Ant-Man and The Wasp.”
- Making-of Featurettes:
- Back in the Ant Suit: Scott Lang – Hero and all-star dad Scott Lang keeps the laughs coming for the audience, cast and crew.
- A Suit of Her Own: The Wasp– Highly trained Hope Van Dyne is now the Wasp. See how some of her craziest stunts and action-packed scenes were brought to life.
- Subatomic Super Heroes: Hank & Janet– Hank Pym’s wife Janet was lost in the quantum realm. Trace the legacy of these characters and the iconic actors who portray them.
- Quantum Perspective: The VFX and Production Design of “Ant-Man and The Wasp”– Explore the movie’s visual effects and production design from a whole new viewpoint, in which every micro and macro detail counts.
- Gag Reel and Outtakes– Audiences are treated to the hilarious quips that did not make the film as well as exclusive outtakes from Stan Lee and Tim Heidecker.
- Gag Reel– Join in the fun with these outtakes from the set.
- Stan Lee Outtakes– Stan Lee tries out a series of hilarious one-liners for the scene in which his car shrinks.
- Tim Heidecker Outtakes– Check out Whale Boat Captain Daniel Goobler and his improvised whale-watching riffs.
- Deleted Scenes (with commentary by Director Peyton Reed)
- Worlds Upon Worlds– As Janet leads Hank through the surreal landscape of the quantum realm, they encounter an intelligent life form.
- Sonny’s on the Trail– On the hunt for Hank Pym and his lab, Sonny Burch and his henchmen check the security camera of a neighborhood bookstore.
- 10 Years of Marvel Studios: The Art of the Marvel Cinematic Universe– See what it takes to bring the MCU to life, and the role concept artists play in bringing Super Heroes from comic book to screen.
- Online Close-Up Magic University– This commercial will inspire you to expand your mind and maximize your full potential!
Ant-Man and The Wasp Craft
We love having our Family Movie Nights and this one included a fun craft. In Ant-Man and The Wasp, both objects and people change in size – so we had fun shrinking art!
We used shrink film to shrink down our creations using heat. The plastic film turns becomes hard and makes a great charm!
What you’ll need:
Using a permanent marker, design your image onto the shrink film by tracing over the image or by free-hand. I used the Blu-ray cover to trace the Ant-Man and The Wasp logo. You can also Google silhouette images for the ant and wasp. Cut and place your images onto parchment paper to bake. For oven times, follow the directions from the Shrink Film.
If you don’t have permanent markers in other colors other than black (like me) – you’ll see how the colors start disappearing. After I baked and allowed to cool, I retouched the colors.