1. Caiden loves everything that’s Space related! We recently took him to the Griffith Observatory (free admission) but had just missed the show at the planetarium. 🙁 Kids under 5 are only able to watch the first showing…boo…so we’ll be going back soon.
2. Another great and FREE place that we rediscovered in LA was the California Science Center. They have free exhibits from air and space…to a kelp forest aquarium! We can’t wait to go back when the Space Shuttle Endeavour makes its way there!
3. We took Caiden to the other side of Griffith Park where they have pony rides for $3. We were hesitant to let our then 20 month-old ride alone but he wanted to and off he went! My DH and I were ready to jump the fence to get to him. 🙂 He didn’t even look back at us and kept wanting more!
4. We go to the Santa Monica Airport at least once a week now. We discovered the observation deck back in June and the Friends of Santa Monica (FOSMO) were having their FREE event for kids! I didn’t know about the event…so being a mom to a plane enthusiast…this was the best discovery! We got to walk on the tarmac to view the planes up-close and Caiden got to sit on the pilot’s seat!
5. I didn’t know there was an aquarium located under the Santa Monica Pier. The Santa Monica Aquarium is run by Heal the Bay and admission is FREE for kids and a $3 donation for adults. It’s home to hundreds of marine species found in the Santa Monica Bay. Caiden loved the touch tanks and the sharks! It’s a small aquarium so we were done after 45-minutes. Luckily Pacific Park is at the end of Pier and we went on our very first ferry ride!
Summer isn’t over yet and there’s so much more to do here… I LOVE LA!! 🙂